Hershey Veterinary Hospital was founded by veterinarian Dr. Kevin Schengrund and opened its doors for business in 1990. We provide routine care and surgical procedures to small animals – dogs, cats, rabbits, ferrets, guinea pigs, hamsters, gerbils, and rats. Hershey Veterinary Hospital is proud to provide care to the Derry Township Police Department K-9 officers.
Our goal is to provide the finest veterinary care to pets brought to Hershey Veterinary Hospital. We strive to be kind and considerate to the pet owners as we care for their pets. During stressful situations, our approach is to provide a calm, caring, and professional environment.
Hershey Veterinary Hospital is an AAHA (American Animal Hospital Association) accredited hospital member, a distinction that is claimed by only 15% of small-animal facilities in North America.
Our mission statement is two-fold:
- To help pets live longer, healthier lives, and enjoy time with their owners by providing high quality medical care, outstanding client education, and the best possible service.
- To provide the highest quality veterinary care to our patients while serving our clients with compassion and professionalism.
To be recognized as the premier small-animal hospital in our community by offering unparalleled client service to pet owners and cutting edge veterinary care to pets.
Hershey Veterinary Hospital operates with key, core values
- Respect: We respect our clients and co-workers as if they were members of our family.
- Integrity: We conduct ourselves in a manner that instills confidence and trust in all our interactions.
- Trust: We gain our clients’ trust and confidence because honesty and integrity guide our actions. Our clients realize our caring commitment towards the health of their pets.
Our Mission and Vision Statements guide us in our daily operations, “Because They Are Members Of The Family.”